Transfer Talk: Man United track Bologna striker Zirkzee

0


The winter transfer window hasn’t re-opened in Europe yet, but there are moves in the works and plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Man United track Bologna striker Zirkzee

Manchester United are expected to be active in the transfer market in January, and their search for a centre-forward is now said to include Bologna’s Joshua Zirkzee, reports Sport1.

Summer signing Rasmus Hojlund is failing to live up to expectations at Old Trafford, and he has yet to score a goal in the Premier League. Marcus Rashford is out of form too, so United are prioritising a goal scorer, but Zirkzee is a surprise candidate.

Zirkzee, 22, came through the youth ranks at Feyenoord before being snapped up by Bayern Munich at the age of 16 on a professional contract. He scored four goals in 12 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern, while he also had loan spells at Parma and Anderlecht.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)

It was his form at Anderlecht in 2021-22, where he netted 16 goals in 38 league games, which earned the move to Bologna for €8.5m.

Zirkzee scored only twice in Serie A last season, but has netted seven times in 15 games this campaign. His form has really improved recently, scoring five goals and assisting another in his last eight games.

Bayern have a re-sign option of around €22m, but the report says that Bologna are looking for a transfer fee of €30m from other clubs. Bayern will also receive 50% of any transfer.

Earlier this month, Newcastle United were linked with a move for the player, who has been capped by Netherlands up to under-21 level but hasn’t represented the senior side.

Serhou Guirassy of VfB Stuttgart has also been linked with a move to Man United, but he will be away at the Africa Cup of Nations for a month.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)

PAPER GOSSIP (by Nick Judd)

– Tottenham Hotspur are looking to strengthen in the attacking department in January, and Bournemouth’s Dominic Solanke has emerged as a surprise target, according to the Sun. Solanke, 26, who scored a hat trick for the in-form Cherries in a 3-2 win against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, has netted 11 goals in 17 games, and Spurs are said to be “closely watching” his progress. The Whites are also said to be keen on Brighton & Hove Albion forward Evan Ferguson. Arsenal are also said to be monitoring Solanke’s situation.

– Manchester City striker Julián Álvarez has indicated he’s “very happy” at Manchester City amid reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid, according to the Daily Mirror. Alvarez scored twice, and added an assist, in City’s Club World Cup final victory against Fluminense last week. Real Madrid are among the clubs to have been linked with a move for the 23-year-old, but the Argentine insists he simply wants to keep winning trophies with City. “The truth is that I am very happy at Manchester City,” Alvarez said. “I have been at the club for a little more than a year. I feel very happy with everything we have achieved.”

– Barcelona could look to bring back central defender Chadi Riad from Real Betis. Sport says that Barca have been so impressed with the 20-year-old’s performances that they’re ready to activate a €7m clause to re-sign him at the end of this season. Chadi left Barcelona last summer on a season-long loan, with a €3.5m option which Real Betis will use. Then at the end of the season Barca will trigger their own clause, giving Betis an instant 100% profit plus a 50% share of any future transfer.

– Manchester City are contemplating making a move for a player within the City Football Group: Savinho, who is on loan at Girona from Troyes. According to Fabrizio Romano, City have been impressed with the Italian winger’s form this season. The 19-year-old Brazilian has helped loan club Girona climb to the top of the LaLiga table. He has scored five goals and added as many assists in 18 games, which has seen both Barcelona and Real Madrid take notice. However, with both clubs affiliated to City’s ownership group, it’s highly likely the in-form star will make the move to Pep Guardiola’s side, rather than any other club — should they want him.

– Inter Milan are pushing to conclude their pursuit of Club Brugge and Canada winger Tajon Buchanan as quickly as possible in January. That’s according to Corriere Dello Sport, which reports that Inter are focused on bringing in the 24-year-old as a priority. The Nerazzurri are facing a shortage of players in wide areas, made worse by the recent injury to Juan Cuadrado, who is facing a prolonged spell on the sidelines. Buchanan has already stated that he doesn’t intend to extend his contract at the Belgium club beyond 2025, but it is now up to Inter and Brugge to strike a deal. Inter are keen to secure Buchanan on a loan deal with an option to buy, while Brugge are more hopeful of a deal for around €12m.





Source link

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *